THE QA REFERENCE FRAMEWORK
The European Quality Assurance Reference Framework provides a European wide system to help Members review the effectiveness of their vocational education and training (VET) provision and quality management practices.
Education and training are essential aspects of the European Union’s Lisbon strategy for jobs, growth and social cohesion. In 2000 the European Council called for the modernisation of education and training systems within a lifelong learning perspective, and set a target for the EU to become the most dynamic knowledge-based economy in the world by 2010.
The Recommendation on the European Quality Assurance Reference Framework for VET, accepted by the European Parliament and Council in April 2009, can be applied at the VET system, provider and qualification awarding level.
EQA is an approach aimed at
- improving quality assurance systems at national level, where appropriate, and making best use of the European Quality Assurance Reference Framework for VET
- participate in the EQAVET network
- establish a Quality Assurance National Reference Point for VET;
- undertake a review of implementation every four years.
The European Quality Assurance Reference Framework for VET builds on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF), the European Credit for VET (ECVET) system and previous European quality assurance systems (such as the Common Quality Assurance Framework – CQAF) in that it
- includes the need for regular monitoring (including the use of internal and external evaluation mechanisms) and reporting on progress;
- uses common quality criteria and indicative descriptors to underpin the monitoring and reporting arrangements;
- stresses the importance of common indicators to support the evaluation, monitoring and quality assurance of VET systems and providers.
English Language Training Quality Standards
Retailing Training Quality Standards
Management Training Quality Standards
IT Training Quality Standards
Hospitality Training Quality Standards
Hygiene Quality Standards
Beautician's Training Quality Standards
Performing Arts Training Quality Standards
Teaching Training Quality Standards
Professional Skill Workshops